As Membership Chair, her duties include the following:
a. introducing prospective Members to the Chorus Director, Assistant Director, and the President.
b. verifying with the Music Team to ascertain if the candidate is vocally acceptable.
c. providing the new Member with necessary application forms, and a copy of the Chapter’s Standing Rules and Bylaws to examine when she has attended three (3) consecutive rehearsals.
d. presenting completed application forms to the Board of Directors for approval.
e. notifying prospective Members of any last-minute changes of rehearsals, time, or place.
f. keeping a record of attendance of current Members.
g. having cheque signing authority with the Treasurer.
h. overseeing the Mentorship Program.
i. presenting a certificate to any Member who has been in Sea Belles for five consecutive years and every five (5) years thereafter.
j. present an annual report at the Annual Meeting.
As Secretary the duties also include the following:
1. accurately record all minutes of the meetings held by the Board of Directors and the Chapter, such minutes to be neatly typed, sent to the Board for approval, and retained.
2. upon approval by the Board, furnish electronic copies of all minutes to each Chapter Member, and paper copies to those that need them.
3. handle correspondence as designated by the President, the Board, or the Membership, retaining copies in a permanent file, and furnishing a copy of all outgoing correspondence to the President.
4. communicate any deaths of Members or their family members to the Harmony, Inc. and Area 1.
5. maintain permanent files, to be turned over to her successor at the beginning of the new Fiscal Year.
6. send all necessary forms and money for the following: (a) New Members’ dues, (b) International dues, (c) Area 1 dues, and (d) Intent to Compete. send congratulatory e-mails to the top four (4) Choruses and Quartets at AC&C, and the top five (5) at Choruses and Quartets at IC&C.
7. have cheque-signing authority with the Treasurer.
8. present an annual report at the Annual Meeting.
As Treasurer the duties are as follows::
1. be responsible for the safekeeping of all Chapter funds, and shall receive and disburse funds as directed by these Standing Rules, or the Board of Directors.
2. give a financial summary at each Board Meeting for the Secretary to include in the minutes.
3. notify Members when they are thirty (30) days behind in payment of dues. She shall advise the Board of any extenuating circumstances she knows to exist.
4. maintain an accurate financial record for each Member.
5. keep an accurate record of all receipts and disbursements
6. maintain the Chapter bank account and have cheque signing authority with the President, Vice-President, or Secretary. C
7. coordinating with the Fundraising Chair, she shall maintain financial records of all fundraising projects and shall deposit all monies.
8. at the end of the fiscal year, present annual Financial Reports at the Annual Meeting.
9. with the Board, will present a budget at the March Board Meeting for approval in advance of the Annual Members’ Meeting.
10. arrange for a review at the end of each fiscal year.
11. submit the T-2 Form to the Canada Revenue Agency at the end of February. 12. present an annual report at the Annual Meeting.